Case Study Part 6 – Site Speed Test
One of Matt’s Many SEO Silo Ranking Case Study:
- Case Study Part 1- The Objective
- Case Study Part 2 – Terms and Definitions
- Case Study Part 3 – Strategic Scenario
- Case Study Part 4 – Test Overview
- Case Study Part 5 – New Silo Architecture Test
- Case Study Part 6 – Site Speed Test
- Case Study Part 7 – Freebase Verify Test
- Case Study Part 8 – Onpage Optimization Test
- Case Study Part 9 – Engagement Test
Test 2: Site Speed & Adding CDN Component to WR1 Site
In order to increase page load time I reduce the amount of entities loading every time a page was called by the browser and then I implemented MAX CDN using the W3 cache plugin for this test.
The result was that I got an increase of 3 point increase within days for DA (Domain Authority) and the site popped for all kinds of thematically related keywords
You will see here that visibility went from under 10 to 300 in a very small space of time. What this means is essentially that Google is starting to display our site across more keywords than before. This also means may more keywords have moved into pages 1 or 2 to become more visible.
This effect was created by reducing on-page elements being loaded like the images and utilizing the CDN.
Some Secret Sauce
This is a snapshot of the site speed load time.
You can see we have reduced the no. of requests from 115 to 49.
As the site is in South Africa and this software calls the site from Canada I am not paying much notice to the site speed as Canada is not the target audience.
Locally the site loads much faster.
- An increase in DA +3 points when adding a CDN
- A big jump in site visibility – More keywords started ranking
- An increase in impressions
- Improved page load speed
- No negative result found when implementing a CDN and increasing page speed
Actions that need to be taken
- Improve on reducing image file sizes
Continue to: Case Study Part 7 – Freebase Verify Test